Most engineering firms offer a mix of services from foundations to roofs and everything in between. GRR Engineering focuses on pavement. Our engineering services include:
- On-site observation and monitoring
- Pavement construction quality control and quality assurance programs
- Field and laboratory testing analysis
- Design and review of hot mix or cold mix asphalt mixtures
- Consulting for construction material selection, compatability, and acceptability
- Pavement condition evaluation and recommendations for rehabilitation (PPS patented program with UMD and Army Corps of Engineers)
- Plasticity index
- Gradation, moisture content and classification
- pH testing
We are familiar with specifications from various agencies such as state and federal highway departments, ASTM, FAA, FHWA, AASHTO and the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers.
Proper performance of the roadway or parking lot requires a comprehensive evaluation of soil subgrades including sampling of soil for laboratory testing plus inspection of asphalt thickness and daily traffic loading on pavements. This data helps the engineer develop a cost-effective mis design to guarantee pavement performance for a specific design period. When pavements are constructed or rehabilitated properly, it’s important to have an inspector on-site to supervise the proper installation and compaction of materials by testing them using nuclear density gauge. If required, further testing can be accomplished at Global Resource Recyclers, Inc. (GRR).
GRR’s pavement engineer will work with you in the evaluation, design, and construction phases to avoid potential premature pavement failures. We will respond quickly to ever-changing pavement construction needs with the combination of local knowledge of materials and technical expertise. We respond with innovative solutions and alternatives that target your long-term performance objectives while considering cost. Our services are delivered on a timely basis with consistently high value attention to client needs.